It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of Team Archon’s next milestone of the Ultima 6 Project, Milestone 7 (M7) for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). This is the alpha release for the project, which will be followed shortly by the beta and 1.0 releases. Some things to look forward to in this release:
- The entire world is now available for players to explore, and players will be able to complete the game, though some elements will be further enhanced in the beta and 1.0 releases.
- New NPCs have been added, including a certain Cyclops family and a two-headed llama.
- Additional enhancements have been made to existing areas.
- More quests have been implemented, including the entire main quest.
- The Journal system has been greatly enhanced, and players will be able to track their progress with it.
This is not a final release of these sections of the game, but we feel that they are reasonably polished enough for public consumption (read: scrutiny). If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the Milestone 7 release on the Project Britannia forums ( http://www.projectbritannia.com/index.php ).
To download the M7 release, please select from our list of sites below.
If you like what you see, and would like to contribute to this great game (and help us get it out faster), the team is looking for a developer to help with scripting and a 3D modeler. We are also looking for writers, 2D artists (portraits/textures, etc.) and music creators. And, of course, we’re always looking for play-testers. Contact any of the team members on the forums if you’d like to join the team.
If you already have M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, or M6 installed, you will probably want to uninstall them before you install M7. They may not play nice together.
To install, download the .zip file, and extract it into a temporary folder. Then, run the setup.exe program. It will set up all your shortcuts for you. Please leave feedback in the forums.
A few notes: If you have trouble getting it running, check the following:
1. Remove all files from your My Documents\Dungeon Siege\Bits folder.
2. Check to make sure there aren’t any stray .dsres or .dsmod files in:
Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege\Resources or
Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege\mods.
To uninstall, use Windows Add/Remove Programs or the uninstall shortcut in the Start Menu.
About The U6 Project
The Ultima 6 Project was formed in 2001 by Sliding Dragon to develop a remake of Origin’s Ultima VI: The False Prophetwith newer graphics and a more immersive engine. Soon assembled under the banner Archon, the team members, who hail from all over the globe, have set about recreating the world of Britannia, adding an enhanced storyline to bolster intraseries continuity and building on the Ultima legacy in a way that will please fans new and old.