It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of Team Archon’s next milestone of the Ultima 6 Project, Milestone 5 for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). Some things to look forward to in this release:
- New areas to explore (Trinsic, Jhelom, Moonglow, New Magincia, Serpent’s Hold, Skara Brae, Sutek’s Castle, Trinsic)
- Enhancements to existing areas
- New plot details and quests and other subtle refinements
- Numerous enhancements to the core gameplay such as:
- The Journal system now records many quest details automatically, but still allows the player to make their own notes
- A new “Event Console”, which can be toggled on and off, and which will help you keep track of what’s happening during play
- Many more tunings and tweaks to the core Project Britannia systems ( for the nitty gritty details, check the change log )
This is not a final release of these sections of the game, but we feel that they are reasonably polished enough for public consumption (read: scrutiny). If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the Milestone 5 release (Ultima 6 Project Milestone 5 Discussions)
If you want to mirror this download, please feel free to do so and post the link in our forums so we can update this news article with your mirror.
Download the Milestone 5 Release
The 460Mb M5 Release is available for download here at U6P. To download it, right-click this link and save the installer to your hard drive.
If you already have M1, M2, M3, or M4 installed, you will probably want to un-install it before you install M5. They may not play nice together.
To install, download the .zip file, and extract it into a temporary folder. Then, run the setup.exe program. It will set up all your shortcuts for you. Please leave feedback in the forums.
A few notes: If you have trouble getting it running, check the following:
- Remove all junk from your My Document\Dungeon Siege\Bits folder.
- Check to make sure there aren’t any stray .dsres or .dsmod files in:
Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege\Resources or
Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege\mods.
To uninstall, use Windows Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall shortcut in the Start Menu.
Please consider using one of the available Mirrors instead of the main U6 Website: