It is with much pleasure that I announce the release of Team Archon’s next milestone of the Ultima 6 Project, Milestone 4 for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). Some things to look forward to in this release:
- New areas to explore ( Buccaneer’s Cave, Wrong, Empath Abbey and Minoc )
- New game intro which draws from the original classic game
- Enhancements to existing areas
- New plot details and other subtle refinements
- Numerous enhancements to the core gameplay such as:
- A prototype of a customizable journal system so you can take notes on your journey
- The “;” key now gives you extra information, such as reagent counts, projectile counts, etc.
- New “Gameplay Settings” from the Options menu
- Many more tunings and tweaks to the core Project Britannia systems ( for the nitty gritty details, check the change log )
Download the Milestone 4 Release
The 375Mb M4 Release is available for download here at U6P. To download it, right-click this link and save the installer to your hard drive.
If you want to mirror this download, please feel free to do so and post the link in our forums so we can update this news article with your mirror. At the moment, here is/are the only location(s) from which you can download M4:
- Mirror 1
- Project Britannia (in Downloads section – must be logged in to download)
- U6 Project Main Site (Bandwidth exceeded!)
- Gigasize (thanks to Steven Keys)
This is not a final release of these sections of the game, but we feel that they are reasonably polished enough for public consumption (read: scrutiny). If you find problems with the release, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, as always you can find us lurking about in our forums. That is, when we’re not busily scratching away at building Milestone 5.