You can download the full Ultima 6 Project 1.1 from this site. You will also want to download the additional patches. Otherwise you may have trouble with the game.
To play the game:
- Install Dungeon Siege 1 (available on Steam)
- Download and install the Ultima 6 Project 1.1 Full Download (hosted here)
- Download the Ultima 6 Project additional patches (hosted here) and manually apply them
- These patches are provided with NO INSTALLER currently. If you need an installer, try SirJohn’s project below!
- You must copy the contents of the patches to your Resources folder wherever your U6 Project install is. (You can select the folder when you install the Project, so you should hopefully be able to find it.)
- Includes: Anguilla’s Portrait Pack, Tribun’s Portrait Pack, U6 Project Camera Mod (fixes “fog” issue), Highlight Reagents Mod (makes it easier to see reagent spawns), and Spiders Drop More Silk Mod (self-explanatory)
If any of those links fail, try this additional link to the main game (note – YOU WILL NEED THE PATCHES, NOT JUST THE GAME):
If you would like an installer for the patches, SirJohn (a.k.a. Serendipitous Dragon) has been kind enough to create a really awesome one. Note that there are differences between what his installer uses vs. the patches we’re providing above, and he does not install the camera mod by default. We strongly recommend enabling the camera mod for the best experience. Download SirJohn’s installer here!
Other downloads (including language mods, maps, etc.):
- Lots of stuff hosted here: Ultima Codex (Download Game Files and Maps)
- TheHawk Online: Ultima 6 Project French Patch Only (Requires Full Download)
- TheHawk Online: PDF World Map (no spoilers)
- TheHawk Online: PDF World Map (spoilers!)
- TheHawk Online: Map Book (English) (7-zipped)
- TheHawk Online: Map Book (French) (7-zipped)
If you want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the 1.1 Release on the Project Britannia forums: (http://www.projectbritannia.com/forum).
It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of the 1.1 Final Release of Team Archon’s Ultima 6 Project (U6P), for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). U6P features an open and varied world for you to explore with dungeons, caves, islands and towns for you to discover; a non-linear plot line with many, many quests; ships you can sail and navigate across Britannia’s oceans; a second world to discover; both a “virtuous” and an “evil” plot line, and much, much more. If you want to download it right now, scroll to the bottom of this article and there are download links available.
With this release we are also making available PDF Map Books (download links below) containing high-resolution versions of the following:
- Copies of the in-game dungeon and Britannia town maps
- Maps of the Gargoyle lands and dungeons
- The in-game World Map, with both a spoiler and non-spoiler version. The spoiler version has islands that are not shown on the in-game map.
Other things to look forward to in Version 1.1:
- Both English and French versions (download French patch separately)
- Brand-new Moongate subsystem that now scales – things don’t break later in the game any more
- Generally better performance – major optimization of various components and special effects
- Huge enhancements to the dungeon map system – new “helper” pins and better maps to make our immense dungeons easier to navigate – or optionally, just as hard as before if you disable the helper pins (you can see samples of the new maps in the picture below)
- Many quest improvements
- Many dozens of bug-fixes
- Far more accurate world map coordinates
It should be noted that anyone using a previous version will have to uninstall it prior to installing the 1.1 Release, and start a new game.